Head of Client Relationships
We’re looking for a new team member who is interested in joining our values-driven and creative organisation that’s redesigning citizenship in the 21st century
Help us help more people
We’re seeking a team member with experience in building and maintaining client relationships who wants to take their career to the next level in a fun and purpose-led environment.
Note on hiring: We actively seek applications from women, non-binary, and Black, Indigenous, People of Colour and others belonging to underrepresented groups in the tech industry.
What does the role involve?
- Building on our existing relationships and creating new ways to engage with our government partners.
- Understanding their needs and developing a strategic response based around our suite of programs and products.
- Fostering new relationships and supporting business development.
- Input on the strategic direction of the organisation, especially in relation to our goals of growing our programs and becoming the go-to “friendly experts” in digital government.
- Collaborating with the rest of the team to streamline processes and workflow.
- You’ll be a public ‘face’ of Code for Australia – spreading the word about what we do and the value we offer to our friends in government.
- We anticipate this role will require 4-5 days of effort per week. We support flexible working and are open to catering for different needs. We’d love to speak to you about approaches for scheduling.
- The salary for this role is $100k incl. superannuation.
- Consulting with potential and existing government partners around new projects
- Managing ongoing relationships with key government contacts
- Designing programs of work in response to partner needs
- Preparing proposals and submitting responses to partner briefs
- Research and learning from past and unsuccessful engagements
- Working closely with our Marketing, Product and Strategy functions
- Input on development of new Products
- Input on development of Marketing activities
- Helping drive interest for scheduled programs
- Contributing to lead generation
- Sales operations, maintaining data, reporting
Here’s what we think you’re capable of smashing our as part of this role.
In your first 3 months you will have...
- Onboarded into our ways of working
- Built your understanding of Civic Tech and all levels of Australian Government
- Made a meaningful contribution to the development of a new initiative
- Met with 3 existing government partners to learn about the value
- Code for Australia has provided for them
- Introduced yourself to our community at an Open House event
In your first 12 months you will have...
- Developed and sold a workstream featuring multiple programs with an existing or new government partner
In your first 6 months you will have...
- Built on our existing CRM system to capture data about our partners and their needs
- Developed and presented 3 proposals for programs to existing or new partners
- Created your own professional development plan and met targets for the first quarter of an annual cycle
Who are we?
- A fun and ambitious organisation that is working to create a government that’s designed for and built by everyone
- You’d be joining our Base Team – a group of 3 currently based in Melbourne who work remotely. We’re open to people based around Australia.
- We work collaboratively with clearly defined roles and responsibilities. As a small team we value flexibility and have each other’s backs in busier times.
- We test ideas and provide opportunities to have your say on the shape of the organisation and your own role
- Values based organisation that cares about it’s staff and work-life balance (and we actually mean it!)
We encourage applicants from diverse personal and professional backgrounds to apply.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
Please express your interest by filling in the form below.
We acknowledge that sovereignty was never ceded and pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging across Australia.
As an organisation we benefit from the rich history of contributions that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders have made to the world.