Response to COVID-19
Here’s what we’re doing to keep everyone safe.
Transparency! It’s what we do. Another thing we do is wash our hands a lot, and you should too. So in the spirit of open source everything, it seems appropriate to share what we at Code for Australia will be doing in the wake of COVID-19.
It’s business as usual for us in many ways, except we’re defaulting to remote, and we’re encouraging other workplaces to do the same wherever possible. As we’ll be navigating the ups and downs of working remotely, we’ll be sure to share some tips and tricks we pick up along the way, so stay tuned for those on our blog.
As of Monday 25th May 2020 the following is taking place:
Base Team & Product Managers
- working from home until further notice
- defaulting to remote for all internal and external meetings
- we’ll revisit the plan daily and announce any changes in Slack
- working from home, and we’ll be supporting Fellows to set this up with their Government Hosts, in line with their own policies
- our Team Fridays will also be run remotely, including training sessions, peer learning and team collaboration
- all our events will be run remotely, including Open House
- Civic Makers meetups will be going on hold for a while
- we’ll be updating our big and beautiful community as often as is necessary through Slack, our newsletter, website, and social media
- Code for All is currently coordinating an international ‘Civic Tech Response to COVID-19’ – let us know if you want to participate and we’ll point you in the right direction
- we have a dedicated Slack channel (#coronavirus-covid19) where our community can read about projects, share resources or just chat about what’s going on. Join our Slack here.
We know this is a scary time, full of many unknowns and isolation. We want to make it clear that we’re here for you and if you’re struggling in any way, please reach out. We truly do have an awesome community. We’re not in this alone!
If there are any questions regarding any of the above, please reach out to us using the information located on our Contact Page.
We're based in Melbourne, on the traditional lands of the Woiwurrung and Boon Wurrung peoples of the Kulin nation.
We acknowledge that sovereignty was never ceded and pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging across Australia.
As an organisation we benefit from the rich history of contributions that Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people have made to the world.