PARTNERS: City of Melbourne
STAGE: In development
FELLOWS: Kyreena Hay, Victor Nava and Jonathan Castillo Bello
DESCRIPTION: GovCore is an experimental, open-source platform that gives local governments all the tools they need to run councils effectively.
It tries to address these problems:
- Satisfying audit requirements
- Supporting flexibility and continuous improvement
- Resilience and scale in deployment options
- Onboarding new functions and organisations (data migration)
- Managing attachments like images, documents and records
- Embedding spatial mapping
- Managing roles and responsibilities
- Adopting international and industry standards
- Satisfying records management obligations
The project won three awards at the MAV Technology Awards for Excellence: strategy and planning achievement of the year, Victorian achievement of the year, and Australian achievement of the year. Check out a news piece here, the code here or view some of the prototypes for GovAuth, the first piece of GovCore, here.